Saturday, November 26, 2005

Lola Montez Again

Drove up 80, took the Cisco Grove exit, crossed over the Yuba River and turned left at the Forest Service road. There was about 2 inches of snow everywhere with some mud and runoff. The road was good and my Jetta had no problems except when I had to stop on an uphill for some ATV riders. I just canted the front wheels and kept spinning till I got traction and then was on my way again. There's a turn off to Lakes Sterling and Fordyce and I parked there. The road to LM was just not as good as I could have like and I decided I'd dared the elements enough.

I hiked up the S and F road and up is the operative word. Still, I love snow and the elevation. I just took it slow and stopped often. The ATV riders passed me twice as did a white pickup. I hiked for only about an hour and a half and that was it.

Very relaxing, cleared my head and reminded me how satisfying I find the outdoors.

No comments: