Sunday, April 24, 2011

More reasons to like higher elevation

Yesterday I took Commando to the same place he "got lost" and hurt his paws. He seems to have healed fine and had a good time running and sniffing. We didn't stay out too long because I wasn't sure if he had healed thoroughly or not. I'm sitting in my chair surfing the internet later that afternoon and discover a tick. I also discover one on Commando's head. I douse him with his flea and tick medication (it's time). I discover another tick in my chair. Then one on my bed. Then one on my pants in the laundry basket. Made a trip to Target and bought some tick killing, cancer causing poison. It seems to have worked because the ticks I've seen since have all been dead enough to pine for the fjords.

Today we went up to Union Valley reservoir and hiked down to Silver Creek campground. It was a very boring hike, more like a walk really. No ticks. There's still plenty of snow but also plenty of bare dirt. I think it's time to move the snowshoes back into the house. It will soon be hiking season again.

No comments: