Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Prednisone

I'm still feeling much, much better. Took my first 8 pills of prednisone tonight and I see I really should have waited till tomorrow morning. One of the side effects is insomnia and I really don't feel all that sleepy here at 10 pm-ish. The codeine cough syrup has got me feeling a little calm. I definitely would not get behind the wheel of a car right now.

The COUGH is still with me although less persistent. I have something going on in the lungs that's very wheezy sounding. Not much mucus (I know you've been clamoring for that statistic) but lots of wheezing. The cough syrup definitely cuts the coughing.

I went to the RiteAid to pick up the meds and stopped to rake up the oranges that had blown down in yesterday's storm. It was maybe a 5 minute light raking job. The lungs did not like that and the COUGH said you will now go in the house and lie down. The lungs felt like they were on fire.

Still, I'm a little worried about the prednisone...it suppresses the immune system which I need to fight off infection? I'm sure my doctor has carefully considered that, but maybe I should ask him. Maybe I should ask him for no other reason than that I can then explain why I trusted him. He is a good doctor. I have my personal experience as weak anecdotal evidence. He was also featured in a local magazine as a noted doctor which is stronger evidence. One of his diplomas is from Stanford, so if he's really bad, he's at least somewhat smart.

No comments: