Sunday, March 04, 2007

Dog Mobile and SNOW (finally!)

On Saturday went to a Dog Mobile at the Home Show at Cal Expo. The lead was sick, my back hurt, and the other dog handler has a chronic bad back so we were hurting. We took Alex and Meredith. They had a good time and were noticed by a lot of people. A family seemed quite taken with Meredith, but I'm not sure it would be a good fit. She's older, and has early arthritis and they're a young family. She may not like kids playing roughly. We'll see if she gets adopted.

On Sunday Commando and I drove up to Grizzly Flat and snowshoed for about 2 hours. We went down Big Canyon Loop Road whatever that was. On our way in a snowshoer flagged us down and asked for directions. I hope he makes it out alright because he headed back into the woods where he had been disoriented before.

The snow was perfect! It was about 2 feet deep and nice and wet so flotation wasn't a problem. Commando had fun leaping in and out of the snow and trying to make headway in the (for him) chest deep stuff. I stopped every once in a while to see if he was okay, but he kept wanting to push on. He made many forays into the pines to sniff out birds or whatever else he feels compelled to sniff. It was warm and sunny and I only wish I could live up there and snowshoe everyday.

No comments: