Saturday, March 10, 2007

Grizzly Flats Again

I couldn't quite get motivated to leave as early as I'd planned but we finally did hit the road. I was NOT happy to discover that REI has stopped selling the printable maps from the kiosk and printer thingie. Dur. The first clerk I asked was blase, but when a second one asked if I'd found everything okay he was livid when I mentioned it. He said, "That's like KFC not selling chicken! Don't get me started."

We hiked off of Caldor road and also somewhere near Leoni Meadows. A guy stopped my in downtown Grizzly Flats to ask how to get to the freeway. He'd tried to drive up Capps Crossing based on his GPS directions but the road is blocked with snow. I told him he was miles and miles from the freeway and that he'd need to head to Placerville. Good luck to him.

Oh, I hiked instead of snowshoed because I forgot my damn boots at home. Dammit.

No comments: