Monday, September 22, 2008

Dog Mobile at Heart Association

Saturday we took two dogs, Spike and Becca to the American Heart Association walk in Land Park. Becca (my dog) was a sweet, sweet puppy who is very smart and already knows a lot of tricks. She was a little uncertain a few times and did NOT like the band, but she was happy and willing to trust. She knows sit, down and touch! She was learning not to jump on people and showed real progress by the end of the day. She also is learning to walk on the leash.

I picked her because she greeted me at the cage door with a toy in her mouth. That's the kind of happy, playful thing my dog would do and I found it charming. She happily chased balls in the ball yard and came willing to me when I called. She wanted to play with all dogs and people that she saw and she wasn't phased at all when an owned pug dog growled at her. She thought Spike was awesome and really wanted to play with him. She happily accepted petting from everyone, adults, men, women, children and even the whole cheerleader squad.

What a cute, cute dog.

Spike was very dignified and happy to meet everyone. The picture I took of him shows him getting belly rubs from several people. One person had just taken her hand off his belly and he had opened his eyes.

No comments: