Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snowflower lake snowshoe snowshoe

Second time was the charm as we reached the lake. It's actually part of a Thousand Trails franchise. I could have sworn I saw a PG&E public access notice but I guess not. We followed the straight path to the lake, retracing our steps under the power lines. This was good because the snow was still not very buoyant. My old tracks had frozen quite nicely and made a good trail.

We arrived at the dam and Commando paid close attention to a wooden hut that seemed to have much rodent smell. I suppose it could have been steak smell, but I suspect rodents. Instead of enjoying the view he spent the entire time sniffing excitedly around the perimeter of the hut. I sat on my nice new coat (warm and dry) and drank my drink and enjoyed the view. It's nice enough but not spectacular.

We headed back along the completely paved and plowed road that lead right to the lake. I stashed the snowshoes along the way as my shoulder was hurting a bit.

Good day and now I'll need a new goal. Commando wolfed his food down and is now stretched out on his side snoring.

No comments: