Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wright's Lake June 28, 2011

Managed to drive up to within 2 miles of the lake. Took the bike uphill for about a mile, then stashed it in the woods and proceeded on foot. There was too much snow on the road to make the bike feasible. Hiked over snow berm after snow berm until I got to the boat ramp at the lake. It's completely submerged. The view is spectacular as you can see.

I think that's Mt. Price at the right. I've hiked up its shoulders to Grouse Lake and also to the cirque in the middle of the picture to Twin Lakes. I never get tired of this view and this area.

This is some of the snow we had to cross to get to the boat ramp. It was very firm and packed except at the edges and was not a problem to traverse. There was a vehicle just past this berm. He said it had taken him a half an hour to get through. I was very glad I'd oiled my boots to keep the water out because what wasn't snow was water furiously trying to get downhill right now!

I was also glad to find my bike where I had left it behind some small pinelings. It was well hidden and I walked around its vicinity before I finally spotted it.

No comments: