Saturday, June 10, 2006

Lake Natoma Nursery


Took my kayak out for the 1st time this year, finally! The lake was cold, but not bone chilling and the water is nice and high. I cut directly across the lake at Nimbus Flats to the water through the culvert under the bike trail. I didn't see the beavers and don't know if they moved, or are sleeping, or I just didn't see them. Saw plenty of geese, ducks, waterfowl, hawks, and osprey. I also saw some turtles summing themsleves on the logs.

The water back here is mucky and filled with plants. There are also some huge fish, a foot or longer and very fat. It was a little startling for both of us!

I also had to buy new cam straps. As I was putting the old ones on, two of the four just crumbled! Yikes! Had to make a trip to REI to get some new ones, snazzy red and yellow!

No comments: