Monday, June 26, 2006

Sick Cat Slightly Better

This morning he was begging for food around 4:30 am. Normally I ignore this as it is TOO EARLY! In fact, one of the first commands I taught him was, "Cats who meow at 4 am go outside and stay outside no matter how cold it is."

I digress. I put some Fancy Feast Turkey and Giblets down for him and he gobbled it up as fast as he could. I waited a little bit, and put some more down and he munched that down also. I didn't give him anymore because he tends to throw up easily.

Here's the funny bit...it's time to go to bed and I'm showing my mother (who's staying with me this week) how to give him the pain medication. I haven't given him any because he's not in pain anymore. As soon as he saw the medicine bottle he got very excited and begged for some. He hopped up on the dining room table and nearly knocked me down getting it.

Now I just have to find out what substance the vet flavored the medicine with and put it in his food and maybe I can get him to eat more.

So, today was a good day for the cat.

No comments: