Thursday, December 14, 2006

Commando at the Granite Regional Dog Park

I've been sick with a cold and out of work but the dog still needs to be walked. I remembered going with Jodi and Bridget to a dog park nearby and thought this might be a good idea. I could sit and rest and Commando could run around like an idiot.

They have moved the park slightly from when I was last there, and the new location is fabulous! It's 2.5 acres with some decomposed granite paths, plenty of grass and even some trees that will eventually make it shady.

There were people (and their dogs) last night and this morning. Commando ran around with every dog that would run with him and was pretty relentless. Every other dog in the park came to me (and my delicious Trader Joe's treats) except Commando. He is so smart, he knows that he'd rather run around than have a treat!

This morning he had a really long exercise because he slipped his collar off and then waited until almost all of the other dogs went before deigning to come near me. I think his tongue was hanging out for an hour after we left.

No comments: