Tuesday, December 26, 2006

More Dramamine and Hiking

Drove up to Foresthill again and took the Deadwood road down to the Western States Trail. Walked downhill on the road to the Deadwood Cemetery and then to road's end.

It was creepy too! I'm all alone with just Commando. When we get to the restored cemetery (with just a memorial headstone, no apparent graves) I look at Commando and his hackles are up. Whooooo.

I also dropped my cellphone, which I didn't notice at first. I had to walk up and down the hill to the cemetery to see it.

Walked back up the WST, which paralleled the road, and found it a much nicer trek. Saw plenty of fresh and not so fresh deer tracks as well as some fresh animal scat but no actual animals. Possibly saw some bear scat too, but I'm not completely sure.

Great hike. Next time, I'm going to check out the Devil's Thumb.

No comments: