Sunday, April 13, 2008

Killer Fang Falls

What a name! I didn't make it to the falls...the road was as bad as advertised and I didn't feel like walking too far as it was hot. This is a good time to go because later in the summer this road will be covered with 4WD folks and dust as well as people enjoying the Yuba river (read crowded). Today happened to be hot and down in the canyon it was really hot. Commando normally runs for the entire trip probably doing 4 or 5 times the distance I do, but he doesn't like the heat either. We stopped at a scenic spot and he chased sticks into the cold water. I frightened the birds and took off my shirt and got it wet. The water (barely melted snow) was COLD...even wringing out the wet shirt was cold and putting it back on was even colder.

Took one picture of a wild iris which I'll include later.

No comments: