Sunday, October 10, 2010

Barrett Lake Jeep Trail Hike

I wasn't feeling very motivated so took an easy and somewhat boring hike up the Barrett Lake Jeep Trail.

We met a few rigs coming down the trail. I have to remember to park us uphill from the various vehicles because being on the downhill side was a little scary. There wasn't always a lot of room to stay out of the way and I kept worrying about the rigs rolling over on top of us.

The first vehicle that passed us made Commando quite nervous, but he calmed down with the next sets.

Like the grumpy people we met a few weekends ago at the Enchanted Pools I was grumpy when there were about 5 trucks parked at the Silver Creek crossing. Unlike most of the other vehicles, they weren't very friendly. I had wanted to stop there and soak my feet and eat my sandwich, but the large group, and not very friendly dog convinced me to keep going. Commando would have liked to have stayed to try to use his wiles, but I didn't get a good vibe from the other dog.

We climbed up to a "summit" and then then sat and ate. Commando was quite hungry and really tucked into his food. He was so tired he even laid down for about a minute. Wow!

When we got back to the creek crossing, no one was there. We relaxed for a bit and I ate part of my sandwich.

We didn't encounter anyone else until we were back at the car. Two hikers came down after us.

We stopped at the Best View in the Sierra Nevada so I could soak my feet and Commando could clean some of the mud from his paws. A great way to end what turned out to be a good hike.

No comments: