Saturday, March 04, 2006

IKEA, IKEA, IKEA

Ikea

In spite of my illness, I couldn't resist and drove to the new IKEA (have I mentioned the name yet?) to look around. I escaped with a new doormat, a new teapot, and 4 new pillows. I may be buying new sofa and recliner after checking out the offerings. I also liked the bathroom fixtures which will come in handy for the possible bathroom mini-remodel. I was looking forward to the wardrobe systems, but they weren't as great as I'd hoped.

It was fun to join the other zombies driving into the parking lot, following the billions of workers in day-glo yellow rain gear waving us on and on and on until we finally reached empty part of the parking lot about 20 minutes into our journey.

The local polizei had a huge presence and were clearly prepared for virtually any disaster short of running out of the teeny tiny little pencils. When I left, they were helping some woman who had tripped and fallen. I didn't think she looked that hurt myself, but then, I'm not a medical professional.

It's always funny too when people try to be independent. Follow the arrows. Don't try and take a cart to the 2nd floor. Take a pencil and a piece of paper. Trust Ikea, they have clearly discovered a legal form of crack-eration and you should not try to out think them. All you need to decide is if you want the item or not.

Anyway, I'm a fan and am thrilled that Sacramento finally has a civilized store. I look forward to making many purchases of bargain items in the years to come.

No comments: