Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Biking in San Jose

In spite of the rainy weather Donna and I headed out about mid-morning on Friday to bike along the Guadalupe River Park Trail in downtown San Jose. The city has certainly gotten much more dynamic and interesting since I lived there. The downtown city hall is beautiful too, especially the pillars lining the surrounding streets.

We headed north along the Guadalupe River and saw mallards galore. The water was high, but didn't threaten the trail at all. It was also cold and overcast, with no real sun. We made it as far as the airport and then headed back against a nasty headwind for home.

On Saturday, we went to the Berryessa Flea Market on our bikes and did a hour or so of shopping. Donna wanted to get a decorative hanging pink flamingo for her yard. They had parrots, but no flamingos. At the same stall, I bought a gift for Andy and Ira's Sonoma house. I can't wait until they see what it is!

Sunday was get away day and I headed back in time to go to the SPCA for a King's game dog mobile adoption. Fortunately, we have almost no dogs so with 5 volunteers and only 2 dogs I "volunteered" to go home and get my chores done.

No comments: