Tuesday, April 04, 2006

New Dell

My new Dell arrived today after 5:30. Those poor UPS guys work much too hard!

I've got it mostly set up, I still can't send email. I can receive it, but not send it. I sure wish I could get on my old laptop to see what the magic setting is!

The screen is gi-normous on this thing...love it. It's a little more comfortable too. On the other hand, I hate the mouse pad device. There's only the pad which I've always thought was a lame way to navigate...unless you like flicking your finger 3 thousand times to move across the screen. Can't believe I missed that in the specs. I can always buy a wireless mouse though.

It's so clean and shiny too!

I've installed Firefox and Thunderbird and Google Earth. I need to find Solitaire and recreate my many, many bookmarks too.

Still, I'm glad I got it and it was all ready to go out of the box. I probably won't try my TV and remote control till the weekend when I have more time to futz around with everything.

No comments: