Sunday, January 27, 2008

Commando 2, Squirrels 0

I was pottering around the house wondering if it was going to stop raining long enough to get up to the mountains for some snowshoeing. Suddenly, I noticed Herkeimer trotting around with a limp and very dead squirrel in his mouth.

I swept the squirrel into a grocery bag and dumped him in the trash. It's not like I touched him or anything, but the squirrel looked dry, well, aside from the dog drool. Commando was also dry.

The reason I'm so interested in the dryness of the critters? It's been raining for hours and hours and hours. That means he's stashed the squirrel somewhere in the house until both dried off.

Eeew. I tried to indicate to him that my desire for dead squirrels was less than zero, but he just seemed to think I was being a spoil sport and maybe if I just tried tossing the squirrel up the air so he could catch it I might see how fun a dead squirrel could be.

This is the second squirrel. Should I be looking for some recipes?

No comments: