Saturday, November 22, 2008

Enchanted Pools Deux

Made it! On the last trip I was within 100 feet of the pools (maybe 300), but it was good that I turned back because it was dark when I got back.

This time, because I knew the "trail" I made excellent time to the pools and was sitting on a rock between the upper and lower pool eating my leftover pizza within an hour. They are beautiful, exactly as described by the name.

We hiked a bit upstream and I crossed and tried to find the Rockbound trail to return. I didn't find the trail and we ended up bushwhacking to the lower falls (where steep cliffs stopped us) and beating through some willows and stepping into the stream up to the middle calf to cross.

Commando needed some urging, but he finally came through.

I think next time I'll try the Rockbound trail and see if I can determine where to cut off and head for the pools.

This also looks like a nice trail up to Twin Lakes, much easier and more pleasant than the real trail. That will probably wait for summer though!

I'm very glad I made it this time.

No comments: